Chicago
4:30 PM | Author: Jolena

I went to Chicago this week for a business trip for my company. We had a booth at a radiologist conference called RSNA, and I helped coordinate the event, so I went along to help it run smoothly. Well, more I went because we have another conference that's much bigger for us each year that is going to be in Chicago this Spring, and I'm in charge of it, so going to this one helped me get a better idea what I'll be doing with that one.

I've decided I really like Chicago! It reminds me of Moscow, where I spent a year teaching English. It was kind of a little mini-mission for me and I have similar feelings about the place and the people as all my friends that have served missions. Chicago is such a big place and has a very similar feel, minus everyone speaking Russian. There was a billboard for Russian vodka right outside my hotel, though, so I felt right at home. :)

I came down with a crazy cold the night we arrived that pretty much laid me out for the whole time I was there. It was really not helpful when I was trying to go out and get things done and was super sick and really tired, but I'm hoping I got what I needed out of the trip so that the next one I'm planning will go smoothly.

I still really enjoyed being there, despite the cold. It was fun to walk around Michigan Ave a little bit and go to some fun places to eat. I loved all the different cultures and accents that I saw and heard. I rode in a taxi for the first time in my life. We stayed in a pretty nice hotel. That was fun.

People were really nice everywhere I went. I love to travel and have always wanted to live all over the country and hopefully abroad as well. Since Bill is probably going into the Navy, it looks like I'm going to get my wish. Going to Chicago just reiterated that I like experiencing new places and people there. I've been in Utah for a long time and I'm definitely excited to try something new in the next few years.
|
This entry was posted on 4:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On December 4, 2008 at 6:06 PM , Tori said...

So that's why I haven't heard anything from or about you! Sad you were sick, though. Just think, you were in my time zone for a little while!

 
On December 5, 2008 at 9:24 AM , Jolena said...

Um, yeah, sorry about dropping off the face of the earth...I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed. :)

 
On December 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM , Anonymous said...

Я никогда не думал, что Чикаго очень отлычний город. Интересно!

 
On December 6, 2008 at 5:07 AM , J+S said...

Chicago rocks.

 
On December 8, 2008 at 8:43 AM , Leslie said...

Hi Jolena! Just to add to your list of a million things to do...

My parents are trying to track down your parents address. Could you please pass it my way? Either here or in facebook or something? Thanks a milion!