6 Months
11:33 AM | Author: Jolena
I haven't spent much time on this blog talking about my boyfriend, Bill, except a brief mention here and there. It's high time he gets a little face time, particularly because as of last Friday we've been dating for 6 months. I'm not that big a fan of calling it an anniversary, I just think that's weird when you're not married, but it was a happy day, and I'm happy that he's in my life. He's quite an amazing guy and I feel blessed that he's in my life.

So for those of you that don't know, Bill and I got set up on a blind date back in February when my ward was doing a dinner/dance where all the guys asked all the girls out, based on getting matched up in this random computer program. One problem: we didn't have enough guys, so we (me as the activities co-chair and the Elders Quorum activity guys) went recruiting. Bill was in the other ward in my complex and one of the guys recruited him. We decided we were fated to meet each other because he definitely wouldn't have said yes to a random blind date like that from a guy he didn't know normally. On my side, I was really frustrated and angry about the whole thing because I wasn't having the best dating experiences at the time and it didn't help to feel like the odd man out that the computer program didn't match with anyone. I didn't really want to go, but with being semi in-charge of it, I tried to be a good sport. I did make my opinion and feelings abundantly well-known to our EQ President. That part is amusing because the leadership in my ward has kept close tabs on our developing relationship ever since. They are never going to let us live it down that we got together after my bad attitude. :)

So back to the date. I didn't have a problem with going with Bill, I was just frustrated with the process. Secretly, I was actually excited about the chance, but was too annoyed to admit it. Talk about pride...Anyway, it seems to have worked out okay, as we had a fantastic time together and that started the ball rolling on an amazing relationship.

Bill and I on our first date

These last 6 months have been quite the ride. I don't know that I would recommend starting a serious relationship before you're really friends with a person, but it's worked for us. It's been a bit of a bumpy ride at times, but we've managed to get through that and develop both an amazing friendship and relationship together. I don't know that I've ever felt so comfortable with a guy I'm dating in my life. I find myself telling Bill things that I've never told anyone else. He brings a smile to my face, can almost always make me laugh, is the most amazing support to me, particularly as this hasn't exactly been the easiest 6 months of my life, totally separate from our relationship, and is just generally amazing. Sometimes I struggle with my view of the future and what life has to hold, but when and think of ours together, the future seems amazing. The endless possibilities that are open to us give me a lot of hope when I've otherwise struggled with that.

I'm generally not a sappy person. Not outwardly, at least. :) I don't really like chick flicks, I get along with a group of guys better than girls, and I'm not that big a fan of sharing my feelings. However, I have my moments, and this is one of them, that I just feel like I need to open up a little and share a piece of my heart. I am head over heels in love with my boyfriend and I'm so excited for the future and I'm just so happy he's in my life. And for those inquiring minds, no we are not engaged, I will let everyone know when we are, and we are very content to have a decent length courtship, despite living in Utah County, land of introductions to weddings in 4 months or less.

Now, to add further to the cuteness factor and sappiness of this post, I've got to add some pictures from Friday night's celebration. Bill surprised me with a bouquet of roses when I got home from work.


Then he bbq'd steaks for us. They were amazing.


Talk about a great dinner. Steaks, asparagus, and mashed potatotes. It was so good!
We watched The Scarlet Pimpernel afterwards and spent some quality time together. Life's pretty busy, so it was so nice to have some uninterrupted time together. What a great night! Oh, and those roses are still as beautiful as ever sitting on my kitchen table. Way to go Bill!



|
This entry was posted on 11:33 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On August 28, 2008 at 12:55 PM , Bill said...

Thanks, Jo! This means a lot to me. I really mean it. I love you!

 
On August 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM , Kelly & Tasha said...

Great pictures! It's fun to hear about your life. I had a good time last night. Let's plan another time to get together.

 
On August 28, 2008 at 9:28 PM , Alyssa said...

Jolena, so cute! I'm angry at men right now, do you think that'll work for me???!!!??? ha ha. You found a guy that likes summitting mountains? That's a keeper!

 
On August 28, 2008 at 9:41 PM , Harrison - Party of Four! said...

a-ha! I found your blog!

 
On August 29, 2008 at 12:28 PM , Tori said...

Ahh, I just got a little giddy for you. :] Yay for you and Bill and happy people. You look gorgeous in all of your pictures and the two of you are a very nice looking couple. Your kids will have amazing eyes! ;]

While I was reading this and writing a comment Katrina started rolling all over the place. Ahhh, now I need to vaccuum more than once a month!

 
On August 31, 2008 at 2:17 PM , Kirst said...

YAY! Just smiling thinking about the two of you...oh and Bill gets a point for posting on your blog, way cute. Anyways I'm just happy for the two of you.