So Bill and I and his sister Hillary are heading down to Las Vegas for the weekend. I'm very excited about it! They're from Henderson, so we're headed down so they can vote, and then just to play for a couple days. It'll be nice. I haven't had the chance up to this point to go home with him, so it should be lots of fun.

When I was a little kid I walked in front of a wooden porch swing full of kids and got my teeth smashed in. Remarkably, there's very little visible damage, except that one of my front 4 teeth never grew in all the way. It's always kind of bugged me, and I've wanted to get a cap on it for years. Well, Bill's dad just happens to be a dentist and is going to do it for me while we're there this weekend. What a great guy! And it was all Bill's idea, so what a great guy he is too!

So I'm just really happy to get away for a weekend. My job is really generous with the vacation time, but this year I took a week-long trip in both January and April (which were both amazing trips, mind you), so since then I've been really tight on vacation days since I had to plan for Christmas time off. Let me tell you, I am ready for a break! I'm really starting to believe what people have always said, that if you take a break from your work every once in awhile, you will be a much more productive and happy individual. Generally speaking, I'm outdoors hiking or climbing or doing any number of interesting activities on a regular basis. This Summer/Fall hasn't worked out quite like that and I'm really feeling it. What with some definite trials and hiccups along the way this last 6 months, it's been hard to put forth the effort it takes to be outdoors and doing fun things. It's really hit me how important this is for my own happiness and sanity, and consequently for Bill's as well, since he's much the same as me in this regard or at least has to deal with me if he's not. :) I feel like I'm struggling to find enjoyment in life, from big or little things. It's definitely been frustrating, and I'm trying to get out of the slump and get back to where I love life and all the parts of it. Anyone have any advice on how to find enjoyment in life, particularly when it's hard? I'd love to hear it, as I'm working through all this.

Needless to say, a weekend in Vegas is very welcome. :) I'm so excited!
|
This entry was posted on 7:57 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On October 30, 2008 at 9:59 AM , Tori said...

Oh yay! I know how much you've wanted to get that tooth fixed. It will be all nice for the wedding photos.
Have lots of fun in Vegas/Henderson!