Quotes to Live By
9:44 PM | Author: Jolena
My cute coworker posted a great quote on her blog that I really liked and it got me to thinking about other quotes that have made a difference to me and make me think. For years I've had a habit of collecting quotes that I like and looking through them every now and again when I need a boost or just want to laugh or feel good or something like that. I find it doesn't matter who says them, they can be good regardless of the source. Here's a few that I've found lately that have made a difference to me:

"If you always look for a reason not to be with someone, then you will always find a reason. Sometimes you just have to let your heart go and that's where you'll find true love."
--Luke, One Tree Hill

"The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular reason for being so except that they are so."
--William Ralph Inge

"I promise you that you can experience the fulfillment of your desire for eternal love, if you really want it, so long as you don't want anything else more. I pray that you will do the work required to fulfill your family dream. The longing of the heart for this fullness is a central vision of the gospel. It is also a source of great power, especially on those cloudy days, or years, when your dreams seem impossible. Even when love wounds you, that's because love matters so much. The deep hurt is the mirror image of the deep joy that still awaits you. Your longing to belong forever to a loving family comes from God, and He has promised its fulfillment, if you are faithful: "For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness" (Ps. 107:9). I know His promise is sure."
--Bruce C. Hafen

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool. He who takes offense wen offense IS intended is an even bigger fool."
--Brigham Young

"Dancing is just a conversation between 2 people...talk to me."
--Hope Floats

"No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse."
--Elder Holland's maxim for life

"Ever morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter if you're a lion or gazelle--when the sun comes up you had better be running."
|
This entry was posted on 9:44 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On October 13, 2008 at 11:35 PM , Andrea - said...

Love 'em!

 
On October 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM , Joe and Mariah Craig said...

HEY...the One Tree Hill one was the quote on my wall!!...it words to live by...haha...

 
On October 16, 2008 at 9:28 PM , Karly said...

Nice quotes. I didn't know you were a One Tree Hill fan. My friend LOVED that show. I like the main guy on it. (He was Tristan in Gilmore Girls.)

 
On October 17, 2008 at 9:10 AM , Jolena said...

My roommate was addicted to it last season, so I got somewhat hooked. :)